Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Weeping Wednesday?

Yup, I'm still around. .and HAVE to change the look of this blog. .it is not only going to be into the 70's here today (in MARCH, for heaven's sake!) when it is normally snowing and blowing, but I'm finding rather staid.  

Very few people know that I have a hidden, rather silly side of me, that truly would embarrass my kids no end. (they really need to lighten up a bit!)  In moments when I have let my Inner Child out to play, I hear those infamous words from my 88 year old mother, "Aren't you EVER going to grow up?", and now I'm telling her "NO!"  She isn't pleased.

But I don't know if it because I've been splitting most of my time between the nursing home where she is now living, or in the oncology department at the Mayo Clinic, where my Hubs is getting treated, but I'm seeing life as a blimp in time. .so much of mine has passed, and there is so much that I would change, but can't.  

And while I'd love to say that I'm casting off the shackles, and letting my inner child fly, she is still restricted, not only by growing obligations, but by my heart too. .I had a bit of a personal scare, discovering that I have developed a hiccup in my heart beats. .and come to find out, it is due to stress. .I internalize everything.  My doctor told me that my heart is fine, but it is emotionally breaking.

For some reason, this song, and her version, has been running through my mind over and over this morning.  It is SO nice, when that happens, to be able to go to You-Tube and there is the very one that you are looking for!  I hope that you will enjoy it as much as I do. .she is phenomenal, and this song is perfect for her. .




P.S.  And no, my Inner Child is not going to remain hidden. She is needed now, more than ever!

Wishing you all a beautiful day! Do something to make your heart sing!


Hugs & Love!



7 comments:

  1. It's a fabulous piccie. Remember it is moving towards winter somewhere in the world. The number one person in the world is YOU. How can you do all the things you do if you are not healthy? So, make sure you have time for YOU! Sending a heartful of love to you from across the pond.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not surprised to hear that stress is having an effect on you -- you've got so much tough stuff to deal with right now. Letting your inner child out to play would be a perfect way to offset some of that stress, I think! Please take care of yourself as much as you do for your Hubs and Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello my sweet friend! YOU are the most important person to both your mama and your hubs! YOU have to take care of YOU! I think we have talked about this before....Let that inner child fly! Let her out, she so needs to get out and play and YOU so need her to. I can't wait to see what you do to your blog, let that beautiful little girl come out and play! Love and have missed you very much!

    (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your mom and your DH need you. You also need to take care of yourself and find some me time to destress or you won't be good for any of you. What's wrong with acting like a kid sometimes, it is a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Suzie, I have missed you. ♥ I am so sorry to hear that stress has caught up with you. Being a caregiver can be incredibly rough! You really MUST take some time for yourself! Enjoy the things that bring you the most pleasure. And don't feel guilty about it! Please check in again soon, we're all worried about you! ♥ {{HUGS}}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear you are going through it, can you take any time at all just for you?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Suzie,

    Thanks for visiting The Marmelade Gypsy. I hope by now (this post was in April) that your hubs is doing well and you are also. I've been meanadering through your blogs and finding lots to love. Do you manage ALL of them or are some of them shared? That's a lot to manage! Thanks for finding me! -- jeanie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I love reading your comments, and hope that you will come back again! The tea kettle is always bubbling perfectly, the cookies freshly baked, and the door is always open!