Friday, July 1, 2011

The North Wind Doth Blow. .and We Shall Have. . A Book Winner!

No. .we didn't have snow on June 30th, but we came close! This white stuff on the ground kept falling at a fast and furious rate, covering the ground before it turned to rain. .hail. .fortunately, and miraculously, it didn't damage any of the plants in my garden, but the street was littered with leaves from the trees lining each sidewalk.

For the past two days, we have had continuous storms, coming not from the West, or South as we get in Spring and Summer, but from the North, following the same pattern as many of our snowstorms do.  It thundered almost continuously, and lightning flashed like a strobe light. Our kitties grew so accustomed to it, that they came out of hiding, and were acting normally. Very strange. .and more storms are on their way, so I had better hurry along.

Even though I couldn't get onto my computer, I still had the drawing for the first grouping of mystery books.  Since the leaky cauldron was full of rain water, and was doing its "leaking", and since neither Hubs nor I wanted to risk standing out in the storm anyway, I substituted using my Lucky Hat, (saved me from being struck by lightning once!), indoors.

All of the names were typed out


And folded, then put into the hat


The Impartial Hand dipped into the hat, and stirred the name around,

And drew one out!



The Winner is.. . .


Pam! Congratulations, Pam!  I wish you many hours of happy reading!

Thanks to everyone who entered, and check back. .I'll be giving more books away very soon!



6 comments:

  1. I love your printing, very pretty.
    Congrats Pam!
    We are having HEAT! HOT! HOT! HOT!
    I would welcome Thunderstorms...well, not severe ones that knocked out the power lines or cracked trees in half but a nice cooling rain...yeah, that would be nice!
    :D - Cindi

    ReplyDelete
  2. please send me your weather! i am dying here!!! The Marine's food arrived in less then 24 hours and was frozen solid. i was thrilled and he was very happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. rain? what is rain? this city LOVES fireworks. they shoot them off at all the baseball games. they ever set them off during the day. i be we have fireworks 20 times during the summer. sometimes they go off and you have absolutely no idea why. it is crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much! It's rained here so much, the ground just can't take any more. It's soggy.
    Happy 4th to everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Pam!!

    How funny that even the kitties got used to the weather...mine always go under the bed during thunder storms!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I love reading your comments, and hope that you will come back again! The tea kettle is always bubbling perfectly, the cookies freshly baked, and the door is always open!