Friday, June 3, 2011

Forget Everything Else!

I feel SO behind. .SO out of the loop!  How could I not know that today is National Donut Day??!!  I can understand me not having it written in big red block letters on my calendar, but my inner most instincts should have alerted me, bright and early this morning! 

Perhaps that is what woke me up at 4 a.m., and I blamed the cat jumping up on my stomach. (sorry Magick!) I ignored that Siren Call! Shame on me!


But isn't not too late! Both Krispy Kreme and Dunkin Donuts are giving away free donuts today, as are many independent bakeries.


So be sure to honor the American Way, and eat a donut today! (you can exercise later!)




2 comments:

  1. Yes, you Americans are fond of donuts. I'll grant you that. But NO ONE loves donuts like CANADIANS. We have a donut shop on every corner. EVERY CORNER. Tim Horton's Donut shops rule our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH I didn't know either! Now that is a real shame! How in the world did I miss donuts let alone free ones?
    love you
    (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I love reading your comments, and hope that you will come back again! The tea kettle is always bubbling perfectly, the cookies freshly baked, and the door is always open!