Monday, March 28, 2011

RIP My Merlie

I want to thank each and every one of your for your prayers, and healing energy for my Merlin. It meant more than I can say, that you took the time to let me know that you were thinking of him.


Sadly, it seems that nothing can successfully fight the relatively rare, and incurable Feline Infectious Peritonitis (FIP). A virus in the same family as FIV (feline aids) and FeLV (feline leukemia).


Merlin's fever kept climbing despite being continually hydrated and on numerous meds, and was getting more jaunticed, so we made the hard decision to end his suffering.


Our Veterinarian and his staff are super compassionate, and I was with Merlin, petting him, causing him to purr himself on to the Other Side.


You will always be loved my little fur baby, and will be sorely missed until I can see you again one day.
 

13 comments:

  1. Suzie, I am so sorry for your loss of Merlin. He was truly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry. I know that there is nothing I can say. Hope he and our cat - funny, he was an orange tabby by the same name, meet up and share owner stories.

    Thinking of you.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, I am so sorry for your loss. You are both in my thoughts. (((♥)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwwww hon....I am so sorry! Sending big gentle hugs to you! Hugs and love, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry for your loss. I am reading of a lot of pets going over the Rainbow Bridge, the last couple of weeks. {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Farewell, Merlin, faithful cat. He brought joy to you and you to him. Hugs and heart's ease to you, Suzie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Suzie, I lost my cat Gulliver to FIP and I didn't want to mention that before, because I know that there really isn't anything to be done if they have that. My heart is breaking for you. Please remember your happy fun times with your little Merlin and let those memories comfort you.
    I'm sending a big HUG to you.
    XOXO - Cindi

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry Suzie.....

    (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Suzie! I am so very , very sorry for your loss. ♥ My heart aches for you. ♥
    Remember him with joy not with tears for he is now chasing mice through fields of catnip in the Summerland.

    {{HUGS!!}}

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so so sorry :( Myself, Milo, and Piper are sending purrs and warm thought!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm behind on my blogging so I missed this post =[

    I'm so sorry to hear this news, Suzie. You did the right thing, letting him go in peace. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm sorry. :(
    *hands you a fistful of wildflowers*

    ReplyDelete
  13. My condolences are late, but still very heartfelt. I'm sorry for your loss - and it is such a great one. So many hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I love reading your comments, and hope that you will come back again! The tea kettle is always bubbling perfectly, the cookies freshly baked, and the door is always open!