Monday, October 4, 2010

A Most Luscious Cake!

Yesterday afternoon, I finally had time to make this super yummy cake that JAZ had posted on her blog, way back on September 21st!  Oooh, it was SO worth the wait!

As you can see, Hubs already has taken a big piece out of it. .he didn't want to wait until it had set up a bit, but declared the moist apple laden, gooey caramel-ly topped confection a BIG winner!  I haven't seen him smile like that over a cake, in a loooong time. He is more of a pie, cobbler, or cookies type of guy.


Mine looks just like hers, but I didn't take a lot of photos to show the steps, since JAZ, on her Octoberfarm Blog, has already done it all so well, for all of us!  Just click on her name to be whisked away to her page and her Mabon Cake recipe!

You'll only be sorry if you don't try it!  And if you don't follow her already, you should sign up to follow Jaz's blog. .she not only regularly shares fantastic recipes (I have a notebook by my computer that is just for that purpose), but tours of her gardens, and fantastic photos of her trips!  Her annual trip to Salem is coming up, and you won't want to miss it! 

Wishing everyone a beautiful Autumn day!

6 comments:

  1. Sounds delish! Need to go find the recipe. I've tried many of the other recipes that she has shared and they were all so yummy! :0)

    Happy October!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made this too from Jaz'a recipe. I was soooo good. She just posted a recipe for a mushroom sandwich that looks mouth watering. If she hasn't already done so, she should write a cook book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ran right over there and snatched up this recipe. I cant' wait to make it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey...glad the recipe worked out for you. it really is a special cake! haha...i have several of those sugar bowls already. you are bound and determined to get me to enlarge my already ridiculously large collection!!! thanks for pointing it out though! i am always looking for pieces i don't have if any exist!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I love reading your comments, and hope that you will come back again! The tea kettle is always bubbling perfectly, the cookies freshly baked, and the door is always open!