Saturday, May 29, 2010

Day 29 ~ Midyear Happy Halloween Blog Crawl

My dream home was always like the one that was built especially for the movie Practical Magic, long, long before the book, let alone the movie was ever written.

But my second choice would have been a "little" more ornate, such as this one:

You'll find fitting decor that is currently available, plus a lot more at Dark Style.  This is their old blog, but it still is loaded with photos, plus they have the link to their new website.

The home that we did move into was built in the late 1880's, and is a middle class Victorian that was sadly stripped of most of it's gingerbread trim and turned into apartments during WWII.  We did get the wall knocked out again, opening up the stairway to turn it back into a single family dwelling. But more on that later. 

For now, enjoy the fantasy, then travel over to my Halloween blog for another site along the same theme, but different photos, including one of a fabulous kitchen!

Enjoy your Saturday!




3 comments:

  1. LOL!
    I'm laughing because if everyone had there dream homes I think you and I and MY sister and several other people would all be living in a "Practical Magic" home! It's just too funny!
    Of course I would be very happy in the Mr. Ed home or Brian Keiths home from Parent Trap or...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh oh oh I just adore that house...ever bit and corner. I especially loved the attached green house..with all the bell jars and candles..herbs and oh my...I love it. I also want to dress just like the sisters..on my lighter days LOL!!
    How are ya hon??? Email me when you get a sec.
    Hugs and love, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both homes too! And the Haunted Mansion on your playlist is perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I love reading your comments, and hope that you will come back again! The tea kettle is always bubbling perfectly, the cookies freshly baked, and the door is always open!

Blog Archive