Monday, May 31, 2010

The 31st! The Final Day of the 2010 MAYniacal MAYhem Midyear Happy Halloween Blog Crawl!

I'm feeling mixed emotions on this last day of the Midyear Halloween Blog Crawl. I've found SO many neat Halloween sites, it was worth the time to find them. Unfortunately, we had to be gone more than what I had initially expected, so I didn't get to linger as much as I would have liked (but can make up for that since they are now on my much enhanced watch-list), and due to Blogger's continual error messages, I couldn't search as much I would have liked, but hopefully, that too will be remedied in the future.

So on this last entry for Halloween, besides my other neat find on my Halloween Blog, I'm doing something a bit differently.

There are three women, whose blogs I follow along regularly, that I wouldn't feel this celebration to be complete without giving them each their own spotlight. I'm sure that most of you are already familiar with these wonderful blogs and share my enthusiasm for them.

But, in case you are not, and in no particular order, my I introduce:

Sarah, of Cottage Garden Studios. The woman of many talents with a heart just as large. While her blog is not dedicated to strictly Halloween, one of her trademarks are her totally enchanting ink drawings of Witches not only going about their daily schedules, but having the advantage of living in their own specialized village. I wish that I had gotten prints of each in her series. They are SO much fun! 

Sarah is also a talented photographer, who is growing in her new art form by leaps and bounds. Please also check out her photography blog if you haven't already done so. 

And look to see her new series of delightful penned quilt blocks. .she has a new one for Halloween! I love it!


Next, is Mrs. B, of Confessions of a Pagan Soccer Mom.  If you love Halloween, then you are going to want to save a link to her blog because in October, she has a major month long party, going blog to blog with not highlighting blogs that are ready for Halloween, but with daily drawings and prizes too! It is mind boggling, and loads of fun!

I knew that she puts an extraordinary amount of time into her 31 Days of Halloween, but after I just looked for blogs for a month, I have an additional amount of respect for her seamlessly pulling this together each year. Totally amazing!!

And now, may I introduce you to Jaz, of Octoberfarm.  Again, her blog is not dedicated year around to Halloween, but it is worth looking up her past posts. She has an outstanding collection of Halloween decor, both old and new, providing instructions for her new projects. And she loves to cook, always showing step by step with excellent photos. .take for example, her Baked Brain recipe.

You'll want to stick around for the rest of the year too.  She is one of the most all around creatively talented people that I know. It doesn't matter if she is in the kitchen, garden, craft room, or hitting the thrift shops, her artistic eye never fails her.

These three woman are so different, but they are all creative, they seem to have endless energy, and they are all so willing to share themselves with all of us.  So it is an honor to end this blog crawl on high notes, visiting with each of them.

I thank all of you for hanging in here with me. I hope that you found some new delights as I did. It makes the journey worthwhile.

And now, after clicking over to my Halloween blog one more time, we can start to gear up for Halloween!  After all, we only have 5 months now, and you know how time flies!

Wishing you a Happy Holiday!

8 comments:

  1. Sarah, Mrs. B and Jaz are three of my faves too! Thanks for the Halloween Tour -- I enjoyed seeing all the new sites and some I joined as a follower. It was nice to have a big dose of Halloween a few months in advance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has been so much fun! What a great blog crawl. I visited Sarah's and Mrs. B's blogs - very cool! I already follow Jaz and I adore her for SO many reasons! One of them being that is how I found you!
    Thanks again for all your hard work!
    XOXO - Cindi

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok....blushing here. beet red!!! thanks a bunch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All lovely blogs that I really enjoy following!!!

    This has been a blast! Thanks so much!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OM Goodness, crap 31 days have already gone by!!! I am missing this Crawl already!! What fun it has been to see all of wonderful Halloween goodies you know of and / or recently discovered. Thank you for taking us along on your journey!! I can't wait to see what you come up for the Halloween Season!! BTW I love, love, love your new background, it is kicking!!!

    ((Hugs))
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those cat eyes! LMAO! OMG! Love your backgrounds!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh oh oh my hon....I am so touched...thank you for adding me to the treat. I have loved this..even though I have not commented on every one.. I have been off reading them all!! Wonderful idea hon.. I love Halloween ..well any time.. I do! Thank you for all the time and wonderful talents you shared..those who we visited and yours my Friend! Thank you hon:)
    Hugs and love, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi sweetie...I left you a treat on my blog today..come snag it..hugs and love:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I love reading your comments, and hope that you will come back again! The tea kettle is always bubbling perfectly, the cookies freshly baked, and the door is always open!

Blog Archive