Thursday, April 29, 2010

Thinking Of Halloween

Yes, Halloween! The holiday that is near and dear to my heart and never seems to leave my mind.

That is why I've been thinking. . .a lot of people, like to celebrate Christmas in July as a nice pick-me-up, marking the midpoint in the year, resurrecting fond memories of happy times.

So why not do the same for Halloween?  Sadly, I don't have time this year for a big celebration, but I'm contemplating doing a casual stroll through blogland throughout the month of May, searching for Halloween.  Each day I'm going to try and find a blog that either celebrates or focuses on the fun, the artsy, or the spooky sides of the October holiday, and put the link here.

I'm also going to attempt to find a different blog to feature on my own Halloween blog! Do you think that I can find 62 different blogs featuring or celebrating Halloween?  I'm hoping! I already feature some on my blog watch lists, and I will be stopping by those too, but I also hope to discover some new delights as well!  I'm looking forward to the search!

So if you'd like to decorate your blog for Halloween, and join me in the May Midyear Happy Halloween Blog Crawl, drop me a note here, then I'll make sure to give you a shout out! Fun projects, and recipes, spooky stories or poems, and giveaways are always fun, so give it a thought!

Wishing everyone a beautiful day!

7 comments:

  1. Ooooooooo I'm with you ..there is just not enough Halloween ..and ya know it is that time of year down under... Whoot!! I am thinking that I just might join you for a few days and do a Halloweeny theme...whoo hoo!!My mind has been in the very same place!! I also know tons of folks that are decorated for Halloween all year.
    The kit in the picture looks just like Tink!!
    Hey hon..did you get my emails...some of mine seem to be getting lost in cyberspace? Just checking..know you have been wicked busy!
    Hugs and love, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi hon...cna't seem to post a comment on your other blog...keeps kicking me out:(...hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny...I was just thinking this morning that I shouldn't worry about summer stitching but focus on Halloween now so it will be ready to display by October. Will have to check out your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Count me in for the Spooky fun! Halloween rules! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOOhhhh, How fun is this?!
    {{claps hands - jumps up & down - skips around the room}}

    Halloween in May! WooHoo!! I can't wait to see what ghoulishly great, creepily cool, and frightfully fantastic blogs you find! :0)

    Happy Haunting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Samhain - my favourite time of the year - good luck with the blog hunt! (and I never did get an invite to join the black hatters *sniff*)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL @ Jeanne, I can just picture her clapping, jumping and skipping, hahahahhahaha.

    If I can compose myself after that, sorry still giggling, what fun, sounds great!! Let see if I can come up with something.

    Thank you so much for your kind words Suzie and congrats to you also!!

    ((Hugs))
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I love reading your comments, and hope that you will come back again! The tea kettle is always bubbling perfectly, the cookies freshly baked, and the door is always open!