Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Mental Duck to Mental Swan

Some time back, my dear friend Sarah was discussing some her life's ups and downs with HER dear friend, and inspiration, Renee, when she suddenly had an epiphany. To which Renee poetically responded, telling Sarah that she had transformed from being a Mental Duck, to a Mental Swan.

Sarah was so struck by those profound words, that she immediately applied her abundant creative talents into making a very beautiful, special award in Renee's honor.

This is not an award to be passed along from friend to friend, or blog to blog, but is a special gift from Sarah.  She bases it on one of two criteria:

1. To Bloggers who encourage and nurture others bloggers to explore and grow in their creative, spiritual or mental lives.


2. To Bloggers who are blooming and growing creatively, spiritually or mentally in their lives & sharing it on their blogs .


This award is all the more poignant because Renee recently lost her valiant fight against cancer. But she remains alive in the hearts of all of us who were touched by her magic wand and her straightforward, but encouraging, and compassionate words.


And so it was that on Sunday, March 28th, Renee's Birthday, that Sarah left me dumbstruck and in tears because she included me in with 13 very talented, very supportive women in her newest list of Mental Duck to Mental Swan awards.


I feel very emotional about this one because I know how much Renee means to Sarah, and how special this award is to both of them, and to be a recipient on Renee's Birthday adds even more meaning to it.


Sarah has achieved what most others can't, leaving me momentarily speechless, and I still can quite wrap my mind around it. I feel humbled, extremely honored, so not deserving, but I'll be darned if I'll give it back!


Two days later, and I still can't find the words I want, to thank you Sarah.
I guess at times like this, instead of stumbling and bumbling around, it is best to say a simple, "Thank you from the bottom of my heart", and hope that you will know to what depths I'm talking about.


Darn. .you made me all misty-eyed again. Where's my kleenex. . .


Wishing everyone a beautiful "Mental Swan Day!"

12 comments:

  1. that is so funny about the berries! if you make it be sure to use self rising flour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww hon...how could I not have you in that list of amazing women...you have changed my life and are such a huge blessing in my life..I cannot express what your friendship means to me!! Ok am crying now too! Very well deserved my friend. I am so deeply touched by your words hon! Hugs and love, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Suzie! YOU so deserve this award! So happy and excited for you!

    (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Suzie! This is truly a wonderful Award and you expressed it so graciously. Well said!! I too had a really hard time expressing the emotions within for this one. Congrats again, you really are an inspiration to others and to ME!! Thank you

    ((Hugs))
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Suzie...thanks for taking the time to stop by farmhouse....and i love that knitting is a healer...boy, do i need healing....

    i just love all this halloween...makes me happy....

    sending love,
    kary

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi suzie...thank you for the compliments. i think the really cute thing about teddy is that she stayed cute as a 5 year old! she still has her puppy face. she hasn't become any less of a pip either!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi my friend...was at your Halloween blog..tried to leave a comment there but it wouldn't work..
    as you can tell we are so excited to get our sweet little Teddy....and YES! that would be my wish..if could have one wish granted it would be for all animals to have warm and loving homes.....

    sending love,
    kary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Suzie! I have an award for you yep another award. I'm working on your link it wasn't working. I do kinda blow at this computer stuff. Come se me and have a wonderful day! :) Becca

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey...that is a new dawn rose on the potting shed. they are wonderful roses. they bloom a very pale pink. you will love your service berry. you can eat the fruit. it is like blueberries and you can make pies and jam from it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi my friend.....tomorrow we get TEDDY

    how will i sleep tonight?

    i'll take LOTS of pictures...

    kary
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I love reading your comments, and hope that you will come back again! The tea kettle is always bubbling perfectly, the cookies freshly baked, and the door is always open!