Some time back, my dear friend Sarah was discussing some her life's ups and downs with HER dear friend, and inspiration, Renee, when she suddenly had an epiphany. To which Renee poetically responded, telling Sarah that she had transformed from being a Mental Duck, to a Mental Swan.
Sarah was so struck by those profound words, that she immediately applied her abundant creative talents into making a very beautiful, special award in Renee's honor.
This is not an award to be passed along from friend to friend, or blog to blog, but is a special gift from Sarah. She bases it on one of two criteria:
1. To Bloggers who encourage and nurture others bloggers to explore and grow in their creative, spiritual or mental lives.
2. To Bloggers who are blooming and growing creatively, spiritually or mentally in their lives & sharing it on their blogs .
This award is all the more poignant because Renee recently lost her valiant fight against cancer. But she remains alive in the hearts of all of us who were touched by her magic wand and her straightforward, but encouraging, and compassionate words.
And so it was that on Sunday, March 28th, Renee's Birthday, that Sarah left me dumbstruck and in tears because she included me in with 13 very talented, very supportive women in her newest list of Mental Duck to Mental Swan awards.
I feel very emotional about this one because I know how much Renee means to Sarah, and how special this award is to both of them, and to be a recipient on Renee's Birthday adds even more meaning to it.
Sarah has achieved what most others can't, leaving me momentarily speechless, and I still can quite wrap my mind around it. I feel humbled, extremely honored, so not deserving, but I'll be darned if I'll give it back!
Two days later, and I still can't find the words I want, to thank you Sarah.
I guess at times like this, instead of stumbling and bumbling around, it is best to say a simple, "Thank you from the bottom of my heart", and hope that you will know to what depths I'm talking about.
Darn. .you made me all misty-eyed again. Where's my kleenex. . .
Wishing everyone a beautiful "Mental Swan Day!"
- ► 2011 (35)
- Mental Duck to Mental Swan
- If I Were. . . . .
- Play Mysti For Me, Or What It Is Like To Work With...
- A Different Kind Of Deer Story
- Souper Saturday!
- Magical Holiday Artists Give Away!
- More Cheshire Cat; A Quick Critique
- I'm In Love
- Malls Rule! No Wait. .That's Mall Rules; Signs Of ...
- Bouquets of Sunshine!
- Time For Your Opinion, Please
- You MUST See!
- Who Is Counting The Days?
- A Sign From The Other Side
- ▼ March (14)
- ► 2009 (94)