Monday, March 29, 2010

If I Were. . . . .

Several people have posted this already, and I thought I would give it a whirl.


If I were a month I’d be October



If I were a day I’d be Sunday


If I were a time of day I’d be just before sunrise


If I were a font I'd be Morning Limerick


If I were a planet I'd be Venus


If I were a direction I'd be North


If I were a piece of furniture I’d be an antique armoire


If I were a liquid I'd be ink


If I were a gemstone I'd be an opal


If I were a tree I'd be a Sugar Maple

If I were an element I’d be earth


If I were a tool I’d be a pencil


If I were a flower I'd be a rust colored Mum


If I were an element of weather I'd be thunder


If I were a musical instrument I’d be an oboe 


If I were a color I’d be dark amber


If I were an emotion I’d be happy


If I were a fruit I'd be a strawberry


If I were a sound I’d be rain


If I were a car I’d be a Beetle


If I were a food I’d be ice cream

If I were a place I’d be the shoreline


If I were material I’d be wool


If I were a taste I’d be savory


If I were a scent I’d be musk


If I were a body part I’d be the eye 


If I were a song I'd be Rapsody In Blue by George Gershwin


If I were a bird I'd be a Chickadee


If I were a gift I’d be personal


If I were a city I’d be Paris


If I were a door I'd open into an independent book store


If I were a pair of shoes I'd be tennies


If I were a poem I'd be a sonnet










Give it a try yourself! The answers come easier than you think that they will. In fact for some, I had more than one answer, therein was the difficulty.

Here are some others that have answered the questions as well.

The Fragrant Muse

Moments of Perfect Clarity

Numinosity

So now it is your turn! Let us know you are taking part in your comment so that we can come and read your choices!

4 comments:

  1. wow...this is wonderful! i don't know if i could even do this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! I'd be October too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the lovely comment you put on my blog, Suzie. I was touched by it so much that I decided to have "one last go" at blogging...and it worked!!!! I've posted my If I Were list....I've enjoyed reading yours and the others you linked to. Thank you for sharing.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I love reading your comments, and hope that you will come back again! The tea kettle is always bubbling perfectly, the cookies freshly baked, and the door is always open!