Saturday, January 2, 2010

A Surprise From SpookyTime Jingles!

Can you all tell that I'm snowed in, and don't really want to be taking down my holiday decorations? :-)  I'm uploading photos and slowly catching up on my blog postings in between things that need doing away from my computer.

On the 13th of each month the art group, SpookyTime Jingles has a number of drawings, and lucky me had my name drawn on the 13th of December! I was SO excited!!  Especially when I saw that I had won a delicate, folkartsy necklace hand made by Suzanne Davis! Her blog, Surprise, Delight, Joy! displays her talents with delightful papers. They all make you feel good, just to look at them!


She said that she would rush it to me, in hopes of me getting it time for Christmas.  Yes, it came in plenty of time, and there was no mistaking the box when it arrived. 


I have to say, I have received some nice packages throughout the years, like vintage linens wrapped in tissue and tied with ribbons and a sachet, but Suzanne goes the extra mile!  I don't think that I've ever received a mailing box that was SO festive and personal, and the extra touches didn't end there.


Inside this delicately secured holiday paper, I found a bouncy, colorful, holiday riot! Not only my prize necklace, but a bright red jingle bell, a darling little note, and the cutest magnet that is now gracing the side of my refrigerator!



I proudly wore my necklace on Christmas, and it was striking against my black turtleneck sweater.  I received compliments from everyone, and I proudly told them how I got it!


Again, many thanks, Suzanne!!  You added a lot of smiles to my holiday, and whenever I wear it, I'll always think of this very fond memory!!


3 comments:

  1. Congrats! Lucky you I try to stay up and I never make it for STJ. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your beautiful win! The packaging is so pretty!

    (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, you are too SWEET sUzie!
    I'm sitting here blushing :)
    I'm THRILLED that you are
    happy with your little treat :)
    hApPy neW yeAr hUgs,
    sUz :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I love reading your comments, and hope that you will come back again! The tea kettle is always bubbling perfectly, the cookies freshly baked, and the door is always open!