Friday, January 15, 2010

Scrapbooking Question

I don't do any scrapbooking. I've gotten materials to make a book of the progress on our house, but that is the only one that I'm interested in doing right now. My creative ideas are taking me elsewhere!

However, my grown daughter has a birthday coming up, and she is not only interested in scrapbooking, but is overflowing with ideas for numerous ones. She has purchased some papers that interest her, and loves browsing the scrapbooking shops, but I think that she gets a little overwhelmed with all of the choices. I can understand why!

I've Santa's gotten her some basic/specialty tools, like scissors, adhesives, etc. and I was planning on getting her some more for her birthday.

She is more comfortable with visual inspiration, plus actual instructions on how to do things. .some of them basic, some more advanced, so I was thinking of getting her a subscription to a scrapbooking magazine.

Now I'm overwhelmed with all of the choices!  So my plea for help. .if any of you scrapbook, or know of someone that does, and what magazine do you recommend?

Thanks so much for any input!

Have a great evening!!


6 comments:

  1. Tell her to search for ideas online. There are dozens of sites that offer all kinds of ideas and how-to's. Tell her to be careful--it can turn into an addiction real quick, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Creating Keepsakes is a wonderful scrapbooking magazine. If she is interested in books, any of the Ali Edwards books are great choices.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Sara! You might also go to the book store..there are several there to look through so you can choose. Lots of books on the sale rack with the basics. There is also a wonderful PBS scrapbooking program on ..love that one!! You might start with a kit that has everything for one subject!
    One other idea...google "scrapbooking blogs on blogger" you might find some fun stuff!!
    Hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Creating Keepsakes is an awesome magazine! There are some really great books as well. I tend to get them from Amazon re-sellers (used/new) because of how much cheaper they are.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry I can't be of any help with this one. I am searching for a beginners kit for my grand daughter. I am not even sure if there is such a kit. There is sooo much out there it is really overwhelming.

    (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I'm so loving your music, Suzie. :) You and I are close in eras..I love the 40's and you love the 30's. :) Hmmm..I'm not much into scrapbooking either but what is that Somerset magazine? Is that the Keepsake one? That might be a good one.

    Hope you had a wonderful weekend!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I love reading your comments, and hope that you will come back again! The tea kettle is always bubbling perfectly, the cookies freshly baked, and the door is always open!