Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The Porch Is Done


I think . .I keep "tweeking".  As I'm getting older, I'm getting worse about finding something "just right", and having to add it into the mix.  Which sometimes means rearranging and exchanging things to make it look what I feel is better and more complete.

Out of necessity, I have to put some things in the same place each year, but I'd love to be able to be more creative in my layout, and try to change things around, at least a little bit.  The rest of my family is more "complete tradition" oriented, and will feel that it isn't as it "should be".



This was the first year since we've lived here, that I was able to put furniture out on the porch, and actually enjoy it as a room.  There is still more work to be done, but at least it is useable now, and therefore, was my new canvas to decorate.

I love old fashioned decorations the best, and if I can't find, or afford the true vintage pieces, I'll use repros.  True collectors would shudder at that statement, and I understand, but when it is either that or alternatives that I don't care for, the answer seems to be an easy one! :-)

I also love new hand created one of a kind pieces, but they still have to have that vintage, or primitive look for me to buy them.  Most of the things I use to decorate with, I've had for years, adding a little each year.  Others have been gifts from family and friends.

And there are exceptions to everything, as usual! The tree on the front porch is a prime example.  It is all new. .totally new, all snowflakes and icicles, with a few sparkly deer wandering through the icy woodland. Fantasy, and nothing less.

I love cotton batting pieces, and wish that I had more.  I've had this one for several years now, and it is still one of my favorites.

Here is our front door, into the rest of the house. I'll be sharing some photos of some of the other decorations in the next few days.


Please don't step on any of our kitties, as they mill around the front door. They always like to assess new visitors, and a pinch of a tail under the sole of a shoe wouldn't make a good first impression! :-)

The temps are dropping again, and more snow is in the forecast. If you are getting the same predictions, please stay warm and safe!















8 comments:

  1. WOW! You have done a beautiful job of decorating. Your home looks like pictures taken from a magazine, just gorgeous! Kudos to you!

    (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous! Like something out of a magazine.... You definitely have a flair for decorating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful! I would love to live there!
    blessings
    ~*~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your porch is just gorgeous! I would make it my permanent living room!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, what a beautiful porch! I love the green wicker (our cats would destroy wicker if we had it indoors!). Your curtains are so lovely and the snowflakes hanging with them are perfection! And the Christmas tree is wonderful! I love white lights on trees.

    -Pam

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I love reading your comments, and hope that you will come back again! The tea kettle is always bubbling perfectly, the cookies freshly baked, and the door is always open!