Sunday, November 15, 2009

Long Overdue Thank You's!

 

But no less heartfelt! I've been running helter-skelter for that past couple of weeks, and need to get focused once again because it is time for us to return to the Mayo Clinici for my hubs continued treatment.

So the first things are my list, are to catch up with some VERY sincere Thank You's!

I want to thank everyone who stopped by during Mrs. B's Haunted Halloween Blog Tour! I was overwhelmed by the new friends that have stopped to say "Hi!"  It was fun for me to tour everyone else's blogs too. What a great way to spread the Halloween Glow!!

To add to my merriment during that most festive time of the year, I received two awards!  And since I received them at just about the same time, I am listing them in no particular order. They are both treasured, and I cherish my friendships with the people who awarded them to me!


A very thoughtful Lizzie bestowed this Honest Scrap Award to me.  As part of receiving this award, I'm to share 10 things about me, that you may, but more likely, don't know about me.  This is tough. I'm not that interesting!  Hmmm, let's see.

1. I love horses, and used to ride English
2. I broke my arm lengthwise, and shattered my wrist while out on a frozen lake, taking photos while ice fishing.
3. I currently share my home with 8 kitties.
4. My hair that isn't turning gray, is a natural auburn
5. I'm ambidexterous (which came in handy when I broke my arm!)
6. I've lived in Michigan my whole life.
7. I have an alto voice, and sang in my high school choir, and occasionally in a holiday choir in years past.
8. I have three grown children, two are a set of twins
9. I like to play chess, and cribbage (I could have counted those as two! lol)
10. I love to iron, especially on rainy days.

Ok! That's it! Now, I'm suppose to pick 7 people to forward this on to, but I'm going to do my usual thing. If anyone would like this award for their very own, all you have to do, is leave a comment, and pick it up! Then I'll be looking for YOUR list of 10 things that we don't know about you!

And thank you again, Lizzie! I'm sorry that I took so long in posting it, but it was fun to receive, and fun to come up with the 10 things!


My other award is an especially pretty one, and comes to me from sweet Sarah!  This is the "Deborah Award", which makes me sit up and take notice because that is one of my daughter's name.


Here is the lovely description of this award:

"So today I am planting another tree. The Quercus shumardii or Shumard Oak. It is a handsome large tree with straight axis and broad, rounded open crown. It withstands strong hurricane winds, extreme heat, is tall and straight and just plain beautiful. It fits it's honoree, my dearest sisterfriend Deborah, poet, friend, not just a mother but a soldier's mother too. Oh, the sleepless nights, the anxiety and worries, yet she is perpetually pleasant and cheerful, kind and gentle, diplomatic and tactful. She exudes courage, hope and faith. To her son Pfc. Ryan and his fellow soldiers: I am grateful to you for making it possible for me to blog freely, sleep soundly and speak openly. Thank you! I stand by your mother and hold her hand as she awaits your safe return home.



Deborah, the honor is mine. You have enriched my life in such a short period of time. You inspire me and encourage me. Thank you very much!

I have more trees to plant but rest assured those who have virtual trees and acorns planted and distributed in their honor have one common virtue, they are loyal friends regardless of race, creed, political affiliations and geography. Here, I honor womanhood and friendship and there is nothing more wondrous a blessing for anyone than for a friend who came and never left your side. Someone like Deborah."

For some reason, this award makes me rather teary eyed.  I guess it is because I know how much I value my friends, and what special people each and every one of you are!  In that vein, I would like each of you to share this award with me.  You are ALL so wonderful, and to think that I never would have met you if it hadn't been for this wonderful web of interaction.

Sarah, thank you again, SO much for giving me this award. I am humbled by your continued thoughtfulness and support.

Wishing everyone a beautiful week, filled with lots of love and laughter

5 comments:

  1. Suzie, I so hope everything goes better than good @ the Mayo Clinic for husband...and you:)

    Congratulations on your 2 awesome, well deserved awards!!

    and boy do I wish we were neighbors..for many reasons and the ironing just made me wish we were even more!!...lol.... (I have lots of it for tomorrow;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw hon your so sweet.. you are very wecome..well deserved! No wonder I am so fond of you..I love all of those things!! Rode over fences for years..sang mezzo for years..adore alto harmonies!! Love to iron!! Wonderful ten!!
    Hugs to you, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your two well deserved blog awards! I too love to iron!

    Wishing your hubby well at the Mayo Clinic!

    (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats very well deserved! Wishing wellness and healing for you hubby! Really you like to iron. I got home from walmart today and my husband was ironing. That tells you how much I like it. :) Becca xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your well-deserved awards! Seriously, you love to iron???? My DH would die laughing if I said that.... LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I love reading your comments, and hope that you will come back again! The tea kettle is always bubbling perfectly, the cookies freshly baked, and the door is always open!