Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Things Going Bump In The Night

Last night, I was doing some sketching, while listening to Dancing With The Stars on television, in the next room.  Because I hoped to pick up where I left off this morning, I left everything on the buffet, so hopefully, the cats would leave everything alone.

Sometime during the night, I thought I awoke to the sound of dance music, but when I became fully awake, all was quiet, except for the rhythmic sound of my hubby's CPAP, he sound asleep beside me.  I assumed that I was dreaming, snuggled back into my blankets, and drifted back into slumberland.


When I came downstairs this morning, it was still dark, but the dining room was aglow with warm light from the Halloween candelabras!  Good thing too, otherwise I would have slipped all over the reflective, sparkling CD's that were scattered about on the floor!!  That would not have been a pretty picture! Confused, trying to wake up without my caffeine, and to make some sort of sense of what was going on, my eyes flew around the room, looking for clues, and zoomed in on this, on the buffet.

Now I know that we share our home that was built in the 1890's, with some delightful Spirits, who like to tease from time to time. .so, were they responsible?  Or perhaps the manequins themselves got into the swing of things?  Bella Luna isn't Full.  All Hallow's Eve isn't upon us.

Whatever the reason, I'm thinking that I should stay up at night more often. I'm missing out on a lot of fun!!

May all of your discoveries today, be just as enchanting!

8 comments:

  1. How fun to live in a haunted house! I love things that go bump in the night. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you live in a house that old? That must be awesome. I've always wanted a house like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how fun!! They are definitely letting you know they're present. Our team is going on an investigation Saturday evening at a private residence! I can't wait. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is just to cool! Your house sounds delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your background music it's great. Great story of dance music in the middle of the night.

    Blessings,
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - mannequins dancing to midnight music - you do have a busy household! At least 'everyone' is in good spirits!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to live in an old home like that! Especially one with a few spirits hanging around!
    Hope your day is enchanting as well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maybe they were hosting a Halloween Ball for all their 'Spirited' friends... {chuckle}

    What a magickal place your house is!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I love reading your comments, and hope that you will come back again! The tea kettle is always bubbling perfectly, the cookies freshly baked, and the door is always open!