Monday, October 5, 2009

Mums The Word On Monday


Almost Mum. This is one of my slides that I've put through the converter. And while it is super to be able to enjoy my slides on my computer screen, I'm not too happy with the way that it is reading the slight highlights. It is blowing them WAY beyond the subtle lighting of the original, and no matter what photo program I am using, I can't correct for it. This is very frustrating, to say the least!

I love Mums. I have the hardy ones planted all over my yard. Unfortunately, this is not the best year for them. We have been gone so much, we have missed most of their prime blooming time. Same for the Asters that are also planted in any sunny spot in my garden. The trees and shrubs are not turning at the same time either, like they have in previous years, so I'm not getting that complete tent of golden orange glow that encompasses our yard.


But I will enjoy what we have! And that's exactly what I'm going to do this afternoon! I've got a lot of yard work to catch up on. We had storms while we were gone, plus the regular things that need doing, and I'm going to have to take it easy doing it. So, I had better get off of here, and get started!


I hope that everyone has a beautiful day!



1 comment:

  1. Oh beautiful!! I looove snapping mums - all the detail and color!! Wonderful shot hon!!
    How are ya?? Hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I love reading your comments, and hope that you will come back again! The tea kettle is always bubbling perfectly, the cookies freshly baked, and the door is always open!