Thursday, April 23, 2009

Stitching Progress

Having already told my sad tale of my Halloween project, I can relay happier news regarding my other two projects!

Now that I'm having to spread my allotted stitching time between three patterns, none of them are making great progress, but I'm having fun just stitching. Oh yeah, sometimes I look and think that I've been working at them for a long time, and have little to show for it, but that only happens when I'm working on a particular part, and am anxious to see how it is going to look!

I also have a garden that is full of plants screaming at me to save them from the army of weeds that has already invaded their territories. I know. .a weed is a plant that comes up in a place where it isn't wanted, but to me crab grass is never wanted, along with a few other invasives. But that is a whole soapbox that I don't want to get into here.

Every year, I want to get a head start on them, and every year, something happens to prevent me from doing so. It is tradition. I don't even know why I try and fight it anymore. Like my stitching, I guess I should just relax and enjoy the time I spend out there weeding. It truly does get me back in touch with Mother Earth, and I love all of the plants so much.

Then there is the outside painting that needs doing, and, and, and. . .I'm sure you all have your own similar lists.

But rainy days, and when it gets too hot and humid, which seems to be upon us all of sudden this year, are good stitching days. so I will be able to keep at it!

Here is Agneatha. She is a dream to work on for some reason. The colors are so enticing to use. I could easily just work on this project and be perfectly happy.

And my "biggie", that I've actually only started. But it seems like it has taken me forever to get this far, so this is a huge success to me! This is the third fabric change, and now I'm trying to figure out if I like the two threads, like the pattern indicates, or if I should do the single, which is recommended for the fabric.

I'm FINALLY getting some threads stitched for the HAED QS Iris!! This is what I accomplished earlier this week, and since today and tonight is the official SAL night, and my sweet darlin' is neck deep in basketball playoffs, and ignoring any foreseen and unforeseen circumstances that may arise, I should get some more completed tonight! I'd cross my fingers, but that would make it harder to stitch.

So that is where I am right now. And I have more patterns waiting in the wings, especially my HAED Seaside Victorian.

But why did I get so excited to find a new site to me, that has some glorious patterns and kits, and I'm salivating to buy this one special one? It is the heat. It has to be the sudden heat. It has made me delirious! That's my story!!

This Sunday is the first outdoor Antique Market of the season, and I am SO excited to be going. This is another one of my passions. I have to go through withdrawal every Autumn when the last one is over for the year. We have indoor antique malls, but it just isn't the same. The anticipation of discovery is the big draw, capped when you find that one perfect item! It doesn't always happen, but that is what makes it extra special when it does.

So whether you are going to be enjoying the outdoors, or snuggled in with your stitching or a good cozy mystery book, I hope that you are doing something that makes you feel great!!

With BIG Hugs!


3 comments:

  1. I just love Agneatha. Come to my house and grid for me, please. Yours is just perfect! Good luck with all the stitching - it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy having a few projects on the go even if it slows down the finishes...stitching is stitching! That is what I tell myself after I frog....sometimes it works...sometimes it doesn't. lol What do you collect? I collect depression glass vases.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honestly, your gridding is awesome! I wish I had the patience! Beautiful progress on Agneatha!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I love reading your comments, and hope that you will come back again! The tea kettle is always bubbling perfectly, the cookies freshly baked, and the door is always open!