Saturday, April 4, 2009

My HAED Win!

I was truly stunned! Speechless! I kept blinking at my monitor, trying to let the reality of the moment sink in, and it just kept bouncing off of me in disbelief!

On the evening of March 31st, I cheerily logged onto my HAED group blog to be instantly inspired by everyone's updates, and what pops up in the middle of my monitor? Cindy's post stating that it is already April 1st in some parts of the world, and with concerns over the worm that had the possibility of unleashing havoc on the computer world on the 1st, she and Wendy decided to post the randomly picked winner for this months drawing. And what made me go simultaneously numb with an adrenaline rush, was my name bouncing back at me off of the screen! I wanted to believe it, but the wild thought of "April Fool's Joke" flashed through my mind too! lol I cannot express how VERY excited I was over this surprise! I never, ever win anything, but now to win this one!

Michele Sayetta, the owner and designer of Heaven & Earth Designs, generously offered one of their patterns, your choice, and a handmade beaded needle threader that she designed.

After much deliberation, I decided to get a pattern that first caught my eye when I visited the HAED website for the first time, last year.

I know in reality, that any home sitting that close to the ocean would be at the mercy of the sea, but the concept is lovely, and I'm not going to let it ruin my romantic image of the perfect place to live! lol And the Tall Ship, racing a storm, for home port just adds to the perfection, for me.

Now I've got to figure out how to reconfigure my stitching schedule because I know that I'm going to want to start on this, the minute it arrives!

Michele also gave me my choice of needle threaders that she makes. In a non-scientific, but fair type of drawing, the Fates chose this needle threader for me. I'm very happy with the choice, because it has an antique feel to it, with just a touch of new flavor, making it an individual in any category! I love it!!

Cindy & Wendy have created a truly magical group, whose members share their talents willingly! Who else would show photos of the backs of their projects? lol They are a fun, supportive group, where I'm SO happy to be a member, even if I never won anything!

While these surprises are the kind that will keep on giving for years go come, and I'll treasure them always, the true gift is the one that I get every day from everyone in that group. They bring smiles to my face, and warmth to my heart, and that will last me forever.

Thank you again, Cindy & Wendy, for offering the drawing, and to Michele, whose talents both artistic and thoughtful, have made this a very special time for me!

And many thanks to everyone on the HAED group, for being so supportive and kind. You are all just absolutely fantastic people!!


6 comments:

  1. Hi Suzie,

    I enjoyed so much reading your blog post. Congrats on the winning and thanks for sharing the pattern you have chosen. It sure is a lovely pattern. Thanks so much for the lovely comment on our group. I have to admit that our group makes my heart smile too. It is such a wonderful group and a pleasure to meet such wonderful friends.

    Sending you Belgian hugs,
    Wendy (HAED SAL)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I love the pattern you chose - can't wait to see you start stitching it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Suzie!! I was so happy to see that you won. I love that chart and the needle threader is absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pattern you have choosen, I really love it. Hope you enjoy it lots !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love reading your posts! You are such a wonderful writer:)
    ~~CONGRATULATIONS!!~~ again Suzie! You have chosen a beautiful design and I love the needle threader you've picked too!! I'm so happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I love reading your comments, and hope that you will come back again! The tea kettle is always bubbling perfectly, the cookies freshly baked, and the door is always open!