Saturday, April 18, 2009

Giving My Cats Credit?


Yesterday morning presented me with a very nice start to my day! Well it was really Sue, who resides in Australia who provided the surprise, by sending me this award.

The mission behind this award is as follows:
"This blog invests and believes in PROXIMITY - nearness in space,time and relationships. These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in prizes or self-aggrandizement! Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut,even more friendships are propagated."

Isn't that a wonderful sentiment? No wonder I felt all warm and fuzzy inside! Then I read the fine print, and she included my kitty-cats in the reason that I got this honor. .now, does that mean that I have to share this with them? If so, that is going to create a BIG problem for me.

I tell them that, and there is just not going to be any point in trying to live in the same house with them anymore! (Unless I agree to move into a nanny suite and to eat nothing but tuna and chicken left overs) They are arrogant, and conceited, and already think that they have me wrapped around their furry little paws. I can understand cat language better than I can speak English, and I know that they think that my whole purpose here on earth is to make sure that their little creature comforts are met with the highest standards. And now that I think about it, maybe they are right, but I'm sure not going to admit that to them!

And now I get an award because of them? No, no way am I going to tell them about this. I'd never have a moment's peace to contemplate life's meaning. Although, they could probably lay that out for me in a span of a few minutes. They tell me that I have a tendency to over think these things anyway. But you get my point.

So I do thank you, Sue, for bestowing this award on me, and I do hope that you'll forgive me for not sharing it with my favorite felines. I know that they would be head-over-tails thrilled with the honor if they knew. So I'll give them a little extra freshly grown catnip to help compensate for my exclusion.

As tradition holds, I'm supposed to pass this along to people that I think are worthy of this accolade. To be honest, this is the absolute hardest part of getting these awards. I always feel heart felt warmth in receiving them, but boy, I hate choosing from among all of the wonderful blogs that I read. .they are all winners in my book.

So, I'm going to send this out to all of you!! Copy and paste it, then add it to your own blog! You DO deserve it!!

Now, I see that Sue has moved on to start a new blog. Do you suppose she KNEW the problems that she was going to cause, and is on the run, trying to hide from me? Naaaah, she'd never do that to me.


5 comments:

  1. Congrats Suzie!! and I LOVED reading your post! Too funny;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to you and the felines - ooops, sorry, hope they don't see this. You are too cute

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lestat and I had a long discussion....I warned him that the award would go straight to their heads....but he insisted they be included...as he assured me that they are vital members of your blog writing team!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Cindy & Carolyn! And rest assured I'm going to make sure that they don't read about the award, or the congrats, despite what Sue's Lestat has to say about it. Which leads me to Sue's follow up. I have one question. .

    "And you believed him???!!!" Think about it. I'm nothing to him. I don't even supply him with the minimum base needs. I am only another warm bod to him and fair game. He would love nothing more than to learn that I am at the complete beck and call. .errr, make that velvet paw and meow of his fellow feline relatives a whole continent away.

    So unless, AHEM, you tell him otherwise, he can continue to live contentedly in HIS home, with that assumption, while I live in relative peace, in mine, completely comfortable in keeping the status quo.

    That whole issue aside, have you ever noticed how cats live up to the names that we bestow upon them? And how we should make sure that they clearly understand why they are so named?

    For example, Ripley was named such because of all of the dark orange undulating lines all over his lighter orange body, much like ripples on our sandy beach. However, he has decided that is entirely benign, and choses to interpret his name as a form of movement. Consequently, he "rips" around the house, rarely moving at any speed slower than light. You only get in his way, at your own peril.

    This name theory has proven true with all of our other feline furry friends, both present and past. (Dogs are a whole different issue!) Which is why we have to be SO careful in giving them their name, thoroughly examining all of the possible ramifications.

    Which brings me to Lestat. I see in his photo, what a handsome, beguiling fellow he is. .and that alert, cunning look in his eye. I don't know how long you two have been together, but if I were you, I'd keep him WELL fed, preferably with choices that are barely cooked, and knit yourself a thick, long silver metallic scarf, and wear it wrapped multiple times around your neck every time you lay down to sleep. One cannot be too careful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Suzie.

    Be greedy, don't share; we will see how long you last if 'they' find out! ***evil chuckle***

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I love reading your comments, and hope that you will come back again! The tea kettle is always bubbling perfectly, the cookies freshly baked, and the door is always open!