Tuesday, March 10, 2009

A Heaven & Earth Design

We've gotten back from our trip safely, and had to deal with a lightning strike that left an imprint on our computers, so I'm just now getting back on-line without any glitches (said while crossing my fingers!)

So much happened right before we left, and I didn't have time to post, so I am doing it now in segments instead of one big entry.

Through a very fortuitous grapevine, I learned of a new group blog SAL, specializing in Heaven & Earth Designs, which I admit to having just the very slightest addiction to purchasing. Seven patterns over a two month period, isn't TOO bad! lol However, I must have suffered a bit of a memory loss somewhere along the way, because when I sent them my intro, I failed to mention the other two that, at that very moment, were winging their way to my mailbox! However, with everyone's encouragement and inspiration, I'll be able to stitch my way through my stash, and will enjoy every moment!

Plus, it is already a lot of fun to see what everyone else is working, or going to be working on. There is a great diversity of styles and designs, and I love so many of them, it will be very exciting to see the images emerge from the fabric!


Many thanks to Cindy & Wendy for forming Our Friends' HAED SAL


I'm starting with the QS Iris, and since Thursdays is the designated stitching day, I took my project with me on our trip. The light was so bad in our motel room, even with my portable light, it was too hard to see to stitch on my other project, and we didn't have much time between appointments, for me to stitch on anything at the clinic either. However, I could wind bobbins! And since I have 99 different colors to wind, it was the perfect time to get started. I've gotten over half of them done!

Stitching on this one, won't show as much progress, as quickly as Agneatha, because it is 1 over 25. I do hope that I'll be able to see it!
If it winds up not being fun, I can change back to a larger count, but I want to give it at try.

My eyes are still dilated from an eye exam this morning, so I can't see well enough to stitch, but there are plenty more bobbins in there, waiting to be wrapped in gorgeous colors of floss! I had better get to it, so that I can start stitching!!

3 comments:

  1. Suzie! You are precious!! Wendy and I are absolutely thrilled you have joined our blog!
    I love reading about your HAED purchasing addiction!! Too funny! I think part of the fun is the collecting;)
    Wow...99 colors! I only have 90...lol...
    Can't wait to see your start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suzie dear, I hope your eyes are improving and the flashes are not so bothersome now! I can't wait to see your progress on your HEAD's. I've joined the blog as well, but my pitiful start on I am Half Sick of Shadows is so not worthy of blogging about yet! :)

    Agneatha is really coming along beautifully... I can't wait to see more of her! And I'm also anxious to read more about Ed's stitchy project and to see how he's coming along... he chose a lovely design and I know he's going to love working on it! :)

    Blessings, love and hugs always in stitches...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for taking a peek at my progress! You two are keeping me pumped, and inspired!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I love reading your comments, and hope that you will come back again! The tea kettle is always bubbling perfectly, the cookies freshly baked, and the door is always open!