Sunday, December 21, 2008

A New Beginning & Beginning Again

I find it fitting to start my new blog on the day of the Winter Solstice! I've been so busy working on our house, and taking care of my Senior Citizen Mom, and my dearest hubby, that I've been told by people who are supposed to experts in these things, to make sure and make some time for myself.

It is hard to fit in the time, so I'm going to use this space as a record to myself to make sure that I stay on track. I love doing a lot of artsy things, and love both vintage and new hand made textiles of all styles and methods, and love doing cross stitch for gifts and for myself. I started embroidering when I was in early grade school, and embraced cross stitch when it became popular again, back in the 80's.

I'd still love to learn how to knit and crochet, with my ultimate dream of learning how to spin and weave.


The photo at the top of the page is the view northward out of my craftroom window. I am fortunate to have windows on three sides. Even in it's unfinished state, it has a good feeling about it. My cats gravitate toward it any chance they can get in there, just to sit, or to snooze.


Right now, it is unheated, with no A/C during hot weather, so I have to be careful what I store in there. I also only get to enjoy working at my tables during the Fall & Spring. The rest of the time, I have to haul my supplies down to the dining room table. But I have the lamps, and I have the plans for how I want it to be eventually, and half of the fun will be in creating it, just like in my dreams.


Here is wishing everyone a very peaceful and beautiful holiday season!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I love reading your comments, and hope that you will come back again! The tea kettle is always bubbling perfectly, the cookies freshly baked, and the door is always open!